Copenhagen, capital city of Denmark and of Copenhagen County, and a significant seaport and business focus. Most of Copenhagen is on the eastern shoreline of Sjælland Island. The littler part, called Christianshavn, is on Amager Island. These two segments of the city are associated by spans.
Copenhagen was an angling town until the center of the twelfth century; it developed in significance in the wake of coming into the ownership of Bishop Absalon, who strengthened it in 1167. In view of its harbor, it before long turned into a position of business significance and got metropolitan rights about the center of the thirteenth century. It was over and again assaulted by towns of the Hanseatic League. The city was picked for the capital in 1443 by Christopher III, or Christopher of Bavaria. During 1658 and 1659 it withstood an extreme attack by the Swedes under Charles X. In 1801 during the Napoleonic Wars, with an end goal to force the Danes to perceive Britain’s privilege of search on the high oceans, a British flotilla instructed by Horatio Nelson obliterated a Danish armada in the harbor of Copenhagen. At the point when British maritime vessels besieged Copenhagen in 1807 to keep Denmark from giving up its armada to Napoleon, the city endured incredible harm and several individuals were killed. During World War II Copenhagen was involved by German soldiers from April 1940 until May 1945.
Copenhagen is the primary seaport and business focal point of Denmark, and a huge extent of the nation’s outside and household exchange goes through its port.